Productized and migrated legacy “Classic ASP”, VB6 and C++ application to the .NET Framework.
- The first task was to “productize” QoSExecutive (QoSE), an automated cell phone network testing application.
- The “source” was spread across 3 different servers; 1 internal and 2 deployed at clients’ sites and ALL different.
- After synchronizing the disparate code bases, the first productized version of QoSExecutive was packaged as an MSI using WiX (Windows Installer XML).
- The next task was to migrate this Classic ASP/COM+ application to the .NET platform.
- Refactored the entire database using ERwin and packaged it up for deployment via the MSI.